Before I Forget is a narrative exploration game. A woman in a house, but something's not right. She wanders from room to room gathering memories and recollections from objects and notes. A plaintive piano theme drifts over the stale air of this house, with its callendar from two years ago, dishes in the sink and a sense of mystery and loss. This exploration game follows Sunita, a woman living with early onset dementia. Players guid Sunita around the house, interacting with objects to discover her past, in order to understand her present.
Before I Forget began life at the xx+ Game Jam, in Bristol, with the theme 'borders'. The game explores what it means to lose your memories and how living with dementia affects your life and those around you. The 3-Fold team are talking to care assistants and dementia experts to gain an insight into the condition. This expertise directly informs the development of Before I Forget to help create a sensitive portrayal of dementia for players.
- Interact with objects to unlock memories and solve a mystery
- Bring colour back into Sunita's confused, monochrome world, as she pieces her life together
- Flashbacks and audio visual distortion and cues to represent some of the symptoms of dementia
- Emotional narrative delivered through interior monologue, visual storytelling and audio elements
Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Before I Forget. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Before I Forget is a delicate and unique exploration of dementia from a first-person perspective.Mark Serrels, CNET
a sensitive and emotive portrayal of dementiaAlan Wen, The Guardian
Games of 2019: British GamesLaura Kate Dale, Kotaku
This subtly told and intriguing work continues to show incredible promise as its development moves forward.Peter Willington, roducer at game studio Auroch Digital, TechSpark
About 3-Fold Games
- 3-Fold Games are a small team of two women (Claire Morley and Chella Ramanan), who met at the XX+ Games Jam in Bristol in 2016. At the Jam they won Audience Choice Award for Before I Forget, motivating them to push on with development. They have since exhibited the game in the UK and internationally and are now collaborating with sound designers and artists to complete development of their first game, Before I Forget, a narrative exploration about a woman with dementia.
- More information
- More information on 3-Fold Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Before I Forget Credits
- Claire Morley
- Programmer, Artist
- Chella Ramanan
- Narrative Designer
- Jake Basten
- Audio Designer
- Emma Haynes
- 2D Artist
- AJ Murdoch
- 2D Artist
- Gary Kings
- Dave Tucker