Bristol, Somerset, UK
- Release Date: Q4 2018
- Price: TBC
Before I Forget is a narrative exploration game. A woman in a house, but something's not right. She wanders from room to room gathering memories and recollections from objects and notes. A plaintive piano theme drifts over the stale air of this house, with its callendar from two years ago, dishes in the sink and a sense of mystery and loss. This exploration game follows Sunita, a woman living with early onset dementia. Players guid Sunita around the house, interacting with objects to discover her past, in order to understand her present.
Before I Forget began lie at the xx+ Game Jam, in Bristol, with the theme 'borders'. The game explores what it means to lose your memories and how living with dementia affects your life and those around you. The 3-Fold team are talking to care assistants and dementia experts to gain an insight into the condition. This expertise directly informs the development of Before I Forget to help create a sensitive portrayal of dementia for players.
- Interact with objects to unlock memories and solve a mystery
- Bring colour back into Sunita's confused, monochrome world, as she pieces her life together
- Flashbacks and audio visual distortion and cues to represent some of the symptoms of dementia
- Emotional narrative delivered through interior monologue, visual storytelling and audio elements
The most recent gameplay video of Before I Forget
There are far more images available for Before I Forget, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- Audience Choice Award, XX++ Game Jam 2016 Bristol, October, 2016
- Nominated by our fellow game jammers as the game they'd most like to see finished.
- "This subtly told and intriguing work continues to show incredible promise as its development moves forward."
- Peter Willington, Producer at game studio Auroch Digital, Tech Spark
About 3-Fold Games
3-Fold Games is an indie games developer, comprising three women who live in the Southwest of England. 3-Fold Games was formed in 2016, after a chance meeting at the XX+ Games Jam in Bristol, which invited women and transgender people to create a game in 24 hours. Claire Morley (programmer/artist), Chella Ramanan (narrative designer) and Sharon Taylor (audio design) met at the Jam and won the Audience Choice Award for their presentation of Before I Forget. They are currently working on their first game, Before I Forget, a narrative exploration about a woman with dementia.
Before I Forget Credits
2D Artist, Freelancer